Hi and welcome back!
Again I find myself trying to make a comeback into the world of blogging. I’m going to try and stay diligent and at least post a few times a week.
This post is on the Retouch. The digital world allows us to manipulate images to a degree never seen before so retouching photographs for clients now occupies the digital photographers time like never before. Clients assume and sometimes demand for images to be fixed so the client looks their best. Let me show you what I mean.
Below is a shot of Nikki. Let’s look at the obvious faults of this image and what I see needs to be fixed.
- Color and White Balance correction
- Remove blemishes, pimples
- Remove hot spots from lighting
- Level her look by leveling her eyes
- Her chin is asymmetrical: level it out
- Lightly smooth skin
- Sharpen eyes
- Lighten eyes
- Remove folds in clothing
- Clone stamp
- Healing brush
- High pass sharpen and skin soften
- Ruler tool
- Nik Color Effex Pro White Neutralizer
Here’s the final deliverable image:
If you want to take your portraits to the next level, look at them with a critical eye and get to work in Photoshop.
That’s it for now. Till next time, happy shooting.